Friday, September 3, 2010

It's the Cherry on Top


I have been so busy I knew I saw this comment on one of my posts but not until today did I go seek it out and read it.   THANK YOU Kelly at  Maxi Fortend!

Per Kelly's post, here are the "instructions" for the reward.  This is so fun! I have a reason for a post, even though I'm behind on my regular posts this is a fun task so here I go.

1. Answer the question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

What a good question.  It's difficult to answer only because I believe that each and every event in my life, good and bad, has worked together to create the person I've become today.  And I like me and I love my life. :)  

The one and only thing I think I would change would to be a more active person from a younger age.  I would have loved to have grown up in a fit household and learned to eat properly and healthy and not have had to fight with the "American" diet and laziness.  It is frustrating, at 40, to be still fighting for that ideal weight and fitness level.  

I wish I had the mindset and knowledge to accomplish the goal in my 20's so now I could say I've already ran that marathon (or two...or more), done that triathlon and/or duathlon, and now just maintaining and striving for that always better time. 

But that's not the case.  I am starting now, and I will run that marathon, I will compete in a triathlon, and I will always strive to improve.  

The one thing that has always been my life goal: continuous improvement, never give up.  That's me.  I just wish I had found my place in the fit and healthy lifestyle earlier in life.  It's never too late to start!

2. Pick 6 people and give them this award.  Make sure to inform the person that they have gotten the award!

So I came up with this list of friends who I think deserve some recognition. Thank you to each one of you for your part in my life! 

Tara - A runner girl, running friend and fellow Ragnar teammate!
YogaJen - My yoga teacher, runner friend and our Ragnar team captain!
Christina - A blogger world running friend and true inspiration!
Teri - The first blogger world running friend I found when researching the Ragnar relay and a true inspiration to runners everywhere.
Collin - The ultimate coupon/deal blogger.  Without whom I would not have survived 2009 financially. 
Deb - A very inspirational friend from childhood who has is a fantastically talented photographer.  It is amazing all the things she accomplishes and with a smile!

3. Finally, be sure to thank the person who gave you the award as I did at the beginning of this post.

Thank you Kelly!  This was fun. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! I am glad that you have found something inspiring in what I have to say - I certainly am inspired by your story. Still dying to hear how the relay went :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth!! I have my Ragnar "report" almost done...should be up by Sunday for sure!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete