Monday, July 19, 2010

Rangar Training Schedule

Here it is!  The training schedule I came up with. 

The week of 6/28, 7/5 and most of 7/12 are pre-plan results.  Starting 7/16 I did my first "2x run" (2 runs in a day).  Then on Saturday I managed barely an 8M (instead of 10M) which I dubbed "The Run (Walk) of Mishaps".  I learned a ton of lessons, which is the idea of a training plan I think. In the end I ran a 16 miles in a Ragnar time frame (24 hrs).  Yay me! :)

The key points of the plan as I see it, which I pulled from the Ragnar Relay Intermediate Training Plan are (in my own lingo) "easy run" Monday's, "hill work" Tuesday's, "pace work" Wednesday's , "recovery run" Friday's, "2x run" or "distance run" Thursday's, "3x runs" or "long run" Saturday's and much needed "rest day" Sunday's.  I noticed the 2x and 3x runs alternate so one week is a "2x run" Thursday and the next week is a "3x run" Saturday. This should be interesting.

I can't wait to see how well I can stick to this plan and the results!  I've never had a real training plan before other than just running.  I think that I finally have a habit of running.  I'm sure I won't be excited about every run but at least I think I can stick to it.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog post and wondered how your training program went and if it adequately prepared you for Ragnar. I have done one Ragnar but wasn't as prepared as I wanted to be. I am getting ready to do my second and want to try a new training program.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete