I've been wanting to post this for a while. I first tried to submit it to recipezaar.com which is now food.com. They kinda ate my submission til today when it was not approved. Well, I can't very well put quantities on something I cut up and put in a Tupperware and use as desired! So I'm posting it here. Why? Because eating properly is huge for weight loss and getting veggies in my diet is sometimes so difficult! This makes it so easy.
This vegetable mix is easy to cook and is very versatile. I have cooked it as side dish for dinner and added eggs for breakfast. Add hot sauce, or salt and pepper or any seasonings you like. I have a Tupperware of chopped vegetables just waiting to discover the next delicious dish. Credit goes to Jessie T. for introducing this idea! I love it when I learn new things.
asparagus (cut into 3-4 in pieces)
red cabbage (chopped)
broccoli (separated into florets)
cauliflower (separated into florets)
red pepper (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
green pepper (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
yellow squash (sliced)
extra virgin olive oil
I can't believe it's not butter-flavored cooking spray
1. Chop up vegetables and store in container of choice.
2. Add olive oil and pour butter spray into fry pan. Perhaps 1-2 T. each.
3. Heat on medium heat.
4. Add desired amount of vegetables and cook to desired texture.
5. Add eggs, salt and pepper, hot sauce or any other desired spices, meats, condiments or nothing at all.
7. What an easy way to get more vegetables into your daily diet!