I know I just posted SWOL challenge #2 today but I said I would be cooking Spicy Bok Choy in Garlic Sauce for dinner and I did! It was SO good I had to post about it before I head off to workout. Here is the recipe from Allrecipes.com.
Spicy Bok Choy in Garlic Sauce
- 1 pound bok choy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Trim off the ends of the bok choy and chop, keeping the white parts separate from the green as they will need to cook longer. Rinse and spin or pat dry. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the vegetable oil and sesame oil. In a separate larger bowl, stir together the water, ginger, garlic, oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Set this aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the bok choy stems first; stir fry for a few minutes or until the pieces start to turn a pale green. When stems are almost cooked, add the leaves; cook and stir until leaves are wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer the bok choy to a serving dish. Pour the sauce into the skillet or wok, and set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes. Pour over the bok choy and toss lightly to coat.
This was absolutely delicious! I doubled the recipe and served it with brown rice and grilled shrimp. Here are the pictures of my delicious creation.
|Cooking Chopped Bok Choy Ends|
|Added Bok Choy Greens|
|Spicy Bok Choy in Garlic Sauce|
|Grilled Shrimp and Brown Rice|
|Spicy Bok Choy in Garlic Sauce with Grilled Shrimp and Brown Rice|